Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Secret Love

I am a fan of Richard Attenborough. He is a terrific actor, but what I like best are his wildlife shows. Tonight I'm going to watch Whales: An Unforgettable Journey. I like to say it's an IMIN movie because I have a 25 inch screen and an old DVD player. The whales look like guppies, and Attenborough looks like Santa, but I dig it. The best movie I ever saw in IMAX was the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. You'd think I would recoil from Washington after seeing that film, but hey, we're all gonna be ashes someday anyways. Attenborough's enthusiasm is contagious and he can make a school of fish getting eaten by sharks seem like a beautiful crime scene on Law and Order. It's natures way of murdering, and that's ok. Along with my adoration comes shame. I don't go out and tell everyone that the latest flick I got on Netflix was Planet Earth: The Complete Collection. I believe there is some psychological link to Marlin Perkins on the Old Mutual of Omaha Show and Steve Irwin. Irwin was a dink and frankly he had it coming. Marlin just got the hell out of the way and made his camera man do everything. Chump. Attenborough does get close to the animals, but with his superior British accent, safari hat, or cute little polar outfit, the animals get a feeling he is almost too "good" to eat. The kingdom could get upset with the one who swallowed the director of the movie "Ghandi".

No comments:

Post a Comment